Transport strategies, that really work are not about roads, cars, bikes and buses; they are about people.
Effective planning is essential if we are to meet long term policy and investment decisions for a sustainable future. Delivering an appropriate and sustainable transportation network for the 21st century is an exciting challenge. Atkins has a proven track record of successfully planning, designing and enabling urban transport and environmental improvements across all scales of developments. We also have a unique service offering in planning and designing for pedestrians, using science-based methods to turn pedestrian movement from an undervalued resource into a tangible and manageable asset.
– Transport systems and telematics
– Market and social research
– Land use planning
– Infrastructure development
– Strategic transportation modelling
– Parking policy and management
– Bus & rail transport planning
– Demand management / mobility management plans