At Atkins, we help move the world forward, one step at a time. We turn the future of transport into a reality and our teams work on the biggest and most challenging projects around the world that will last for hundreds of years.
ATKINS is one of the largest Engineering Company in the world and designing tunnels and geotechnical structures in 50+ countries. The selected candidate, reporting to the Section Leader, will be part of the Geology Section of ATKINS Norge, member of a team of experts for rock tunnels and engineering and to deal with the largest topic in our Norwegian multidisciplinary, challenging and multibillionaire projects. He/She will operate in Norway, both at our Headquarter and at site or on the field but will also be part of Worldwide Atkins Community for Bridges.
It requires the capability to work in a team of specialists, engineers with various experience and BIM operators and be able to exchange inputs to and from other disciplines.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- The role for the Engineer implies:
- Carrying out technical work in compliance with the Atkins Technical Assurance Goals.
- Follow and apply Atkins Design Principles.
- Producing and/or checking reports and drawings pertinent to the discipline.
- Producing and/or checking numerical FE models pertinent to the discipline.
- Quantity estimation and/or determination.
- Providing competence in line with the project needs for the tasks set.
- Follow the Discipline and Team Leader technical direction and PM guidance.
- Following technical risk register and adopting mitigating actions.
- Consider safety critical aspects of the design and actively process them.
- Address risks and issues as assigned.
- Deliver to programme and quality (and quantities when required).
- Ensure the project requirements are met for the assigned scope.
- Produce the correct technical output to meet the project requirements.
- Seek and incorporate the advice of others where required.
- Follow the set standard for technical excellence in deliverables.
- Maximize learning and development.
Skills and knowledge:
- Subdisciplines and Topics – Concrete, Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete, Steel, Wood.
- Software (specialistic) – SAP2000, MIDAS, ANSYS, ETABS, ROBOT, TEKLA, ADINA, STRAUSS.
- Software (general) – NAVISWORKS, SOLIBRI, NOVAPOINT, REVIT, TEKLA, MS OFFICE, AUTOCAD
- Standards – EUROCODES (NO NA), Banenor TRV, SVV Handbooks, NS EN 206
Questions about the position: Elisabeth Krogh, +47 906 67 243