Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career.
- Ensure successful delivery of projects by leading and co-ordinating teams and managing cross-discipline interfaces
- Utilise the latest BIM, CAD, GIS and EDMS systems to effectively manage and integrate our projects across functional and geographic boundaries. This will include Atkins, SNC-Lavalin and sub-contract partner teams in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, the UK and India.
- Actively participate in internal professional networks across Atkins and SNC-Lavalin to harness our existing capabilities and ensure the continuous improvement of our engineering management tools
- Be responsible for undertaking quality reviews of deliverables in line with company requirements.
- Be actively involved in recruitment activities to grow a self-sustaining delivery team in Norway.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure we have sufficient resources with the right skills to deliver our current and future projects.
- Support the technical development of staff in Norway and our wider teams across Norway, Denmark, Sweden, the UK and India.
- Engage with clients to understand their emerging needs and actively sell our technical capabilities.
- Relevant education from College or University, minimum bachelor’s level
- A minimum of 10 years experience in railway, metro or tram projects
- Strong engineering management experience from multi-disciplinary railway, metro or tram projects
- A high level of knowledge of CAD / BIM / GIS / EDMS systems and tools to support project delivery – ideally across disciplines based in multiple offices
- Strong working knowledge of technical standards, specifications, guidelines and requirements of railway, metro and tram projects
- Knowledge of NS8401 / 8402 / 8407 / NK2015 or equivalent
- Demonstrable evidence of contributing to tenders
- Strong track record of delivery
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work across geographically and organisationally separate delivery teams and client organisations
- Performance driven and customer focussed
- A desire to drive the industry into the digital future
- Ideal candidate should be fluent in Norwegian language
- Provide excellent engineering management services for our projects with teams based across Scandinavia, the UK, India, the United States and Canada
- Lead and / or support large multi-disciplinary tenders
- Undertake the role of project manager on occasion
- Lead and grow a team with a reputation for technical excellence and ability to flexibly respond to business needs
- Drive technical best practice, knowledge sharing, and process standardisation / optimisation
- Support resource demand forecasts in collaboration with colleagues
- Win work through maximising additional / repeat / follow-on work from clients
- Drive innovation in service offerings
- Spot opportunities and foster client relationships
- Ensure adherence to corporate governance and management systems
- A reputation for technical excellence, delivery and providing an open and supportive working environment focussed upon health, safety and team wellbeing
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is reliable, proactive and innovative
- Able to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good management qualities
- A self starter with a high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team, coupled with a drive for continuous improvement
- Able to keep calm under pressure within demanding project environments
- Collaborative, customer focused and an excellent team player
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with both clients and the practice teams
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated knowledge of identifying potential value creation
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team, combined with a passion for staff development
- Available to travel across Scandinavia and the UK if required (potential for short term overseas assignments also)