At Atkins, we help move the world forward, one step at a time. We turn the future of transport into a reality and our teams work on the biggest and most challenging projects around the world that will last for hundreds of years.
ATKINS is one of the largest Engineering Company in the world and designing soil tunnels and geotechnical structures in 50+ countries. The selected candidate, reporting directly to the Technical Director, will develop, maintain and lead the Geotechnics and Soil Structures section of ATKINS Norge, building a team of Geotechnical experts for soil tunnels and structures to deal with the most challenging topic in our Norwegian multidisciplinary, challenging and multibillionaire projects. He/She will operate in Norway but will be part of the Worldwide Atkins Community for Geotechnics. It is strictly necessary that the resource is endowed with 8-10 years of experience in the specialization are and with leadership and planning skills.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- The role for the Specialist implies:
- Ensuring technical work is carried in compliance with the Atkins Technical Assurance Goals.
- Ensure Atkins Design Principles are followed.
- Producing and/or checking reports and drawings pertinent to the specialization area.
- Producing and/or checking numerical FE models pertinent to the specialization area.
- Carry out or check quantity estimation.
- Providing always up-to-date competence in line with the project needs for the tasks set.
- Follow the Section Leader technical direction and PM guidance.
- Managing and maintaining technical risk register and adopting mitigating actions (for specialization area).
- Make sure safety critical aspects relevant to the area of specialization are considered and actively process them.
- Produce or check the correct technical output to meet the project requirements.
- Seek, incorporate, and offer and provide advice of and to others where required.
- Follow the set standard for technical excellence in deliverables.
- Maximize learning and development.
Skills and knowledge:
- Subdisciplines and Topics – Sensitivity Assessment, NGI-ADP model, Slope Stability, Geo Risk assessment, Consolidation and Settlements, Soil Tunneling, Fundamentering, Soil investigations and characterization, 3D Soil modeling
- Software (specialistic) – RocMas, Flac2D or 3D, Gemini, Vianova (spec modules)
- Software (general) – NAVISWORKS, SOLIBRI, Vianova, Leapfrog
- Standards – NVE standards and guidelines, NGI manuals, Banenor, Statensvegvesen
Questions about the position: Elisabeth Krogh, +47 906 67 243